- If you drink alcohol while taking medication that has a sticker on the bottle that says "Do NOT drink alcohol while taking this medication," you will wind up passed out with your head on a restaurant table and an 11 year old girl on your lap.
- Being a vegetarian is not for everyone. Despite the bold-fonted claim on the box, soy bacon does not taste like genuine, deliciously fatty, pig bacon. Some things just can't be made healthy.
- The more you declare that you will NOT be drinking on any specific night, the drunker you will be by the end of the night.
- Cuddling with a puppy at night sometimes just makes you even more lonely. And sometimes makes you wonder why you would ever trade it in for a boy.
- Trying to lose weight makes you gain weight.
- Trying NOT to date anyone makes more people want to date you.
- Trying to be yourself is much harder (at first) than trying to be someone else. It is, however, a much better way to live life.
- Sometimes I wonder why the fuck I am working hard every day, trying to study and go back to school, when the cast of the Jersey Shore pulls in millions for getting shit-faced and acting like fucking idiots.
- Workout dvds that promises to give you a six pack, don't produce results just by purchasing them. Instead, they make you poor. Then sit on top of your television and make you feel guilty every time you sit down on the couch to watch reality tv with a bag of Tostedos in your hand.
- Boys who cry the first weekend you hang out with them should usually be avoided.
- Boys who never cry at all should also be avoided.
- Flirting with other people's boyfriends is sometimes difficult to avoid, but it should be on all accounts.
- "Should be's" shouldn't always be followed.
- Walking in heels for longer than 10 minutes is actually possible.
- The way things works out sometimes is exactly opposite to the way you want them to work out, and usually after time goes by, you're thankful for this.
- Just because something doesn't happen at the time you think it should/will, doesn't mean it will never happen.
- Drunk texting is hilarious...when other people do it.
- I should hire someone to physically remove my cell phone from my hand after I have had five drinks.
- Hooking up on an actual beach is not as hot as you think. It's just sandy.
- If you pretend like you know what is going on, and you look like you know what is going on, people believe you.
- There are an endless list of things to worry about. None of them get any better by worrying. And most of the things you worry most about, never even happen.
- I can't think of many things better to do on any given night than making out with someone.
- The last week of December, you inevidibly take a moment to wonder how you didn't do everything you set out to do on Jan. 1st. It's also important to remember all the things you did that you never imagined you could do.
Dec 30, 2010
Things I Learned in 2010
Posted by Ally