Oct 15, 2010

It's Not Cute Anymore. It's Fucking Annoying.

Angry Talk (Comic Style)Image via Wikipedia
It's funny how when you like someone, everything they do seems cute. But when you cross over into the not liking zone, they could do the exact same thing and it can seem like the most annoying thing anyone could possibly do. The exact same thing.


Case in point: Andy always eats only a half a piece of gum. I used to think this was cool. He'd tear the piece in half and save it for later and then a pack of gum lasted twice as long. Today, I offered him a piece of gum and he took it and ripped it in half, just like he always does, and I wanted to shove the rest of the piece in his fucking mouth. Eat the whole goddamn piece. It's a single piece of gum. It will fit in your mouth. It's not cute at all. It's fucking annoying. I find half pieces of gum in my car all the time and it's a fucking waste because they are dirty and old and no one wants to eat them. So just eat the whole effing piece. 

It wasn't funny at all, it annoyed the shit out of me. And then, I sat down and started writing this post and I thought back to the fantasies I had while driving home about climbing across the car and prying his mouth open dramatically and shoving the rest of the gum in his mouth. And now I'm laughing. 

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Sometimes you have to just get over those weird little things. My husband has this horrible habit of scraping his toenails down my shins in his sleep. There have been times I have been bleeding, thanks to his terrible toes. I have wanted to maul him for it! But I still adore him.....lol.
    Kate
    www.idreamloudly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the first blog posts I've come across where I'm actually laughing out loud. I hear you completely....ugh. Keep writing you're great at it!

    ReplyDelete