Oct 29, 2010

Backwards Love Games

Next time I meet a guy and he annoys the shit out of me and I know right away that I have no future with him and I want him to leave, I'm going to pretend like I'm in love with him. I'm going to throw myself at him and treat him wonderfully and be super nice. I'll cook him food and leave him cute little notes to find when I'm not around. I'll listen to him when he talks and I will try to open up to him. I'll tell him that he's the one man in the world for me. This, I have found through the research on relationships I have personally conducted, will make me invisible to him. He will not notice me and he will leave me alone.

In return, next time I really like a guy, I'm going to act like I don't. I'm going to do whatever the fuck I want and purposely NOT do nice things for him. I'm going to forget to call him back. Going to leave his text messages unanswered. Going to blow him off every once in a while. I'm going to tell him that I don't want a relationship. That I love being single and I want to remain single and that I'm not attracted to him and we have no future together. This, apparently, makes boys fall in love with me, write me email after desperate email confessing such love, and hold on for months on end just trying to make things work with me.

As satirical as this rant is meant to be, the amount of truth it holds in my life right now is sad. Funny, but sad. Why does love seem to work so backwards sometimes?

1 comment:

  1. Following you through 20sb. :( I'm so, so sorry you're having a rough time. You'll find someone that's worth the time, effort, energy and most importantly, emotional investment and when you do they'll be worth the wait. I dated two of the biggest asses I've ever met and emotionally I was destroyed since they were one after the other (and also best friends- don't go that route). You'll find someone worth it!

    www.andnowlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete