Oct 10, 2010

Twilight Email from Andy

Andy wrote me an email at 4:30 this morning. It started off, "I wish I could let it pass, but as I lay here sleepless in the early morning hours of twilight, I know that I cannot." From there, it only got better. I didn't answer all of his text messages, again. I didn't answer all of his questions, again. Now, he's unable to sleep and resorting to writing a sappy email because I have let him down, again. I'm trying to find patience to deal with this, but I'm struggling. 

I'm not really sure how to answer. He puts me in these positions where I don't know how to respond. I am inclined to lie. It's the easiest thing. Because if I tell the truth, he will take it the wrong way and he will get upset. And honestly, it's none of his damn business. He acts like we dated for a few years, when we were never technically together. We were hanging out for a few weeks. That's it. I'm allowed to hang out with who ever I want. And I'm also allowed to not tell him about it. I'm allowed to not answer if I am busy. He doesn't need to know where I am at all times and who I am with. 

Maybe it would be easier if I told him I was seeing someone else, but that would somehow take things with Brad to the next level and I'm not ready to say that I am seeing anyone. I'm single. I've been hanging out with other people but I'm not in a relationship with anyone. I'll save resorting to this until I am actually in a relationship. 

I thought that I could be friends with Andy and it would be ok. Honestly, I didn't really care to be friends with him after everything, but I mean, he's ok as a friend and we go to a ton of the same castings together and bump into each other a lot. He's fun as a friend sometimes and it's better to have him as a friend then to have an awkward person that I used to be friends with but run into all the time. It's hard to imagine that I ever kissed him. Seems gross now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment