Oct 13, 2010

There are Reasons They Serve Wine at Community Theatre

I should probably wait until the morning to post about tonight's super duper performance of Death of a Salesman starring Andy W******* ....

Ok, I waited ten minutes. Still sitting at the computer. I should really just go to bed right now. Unfortunately, they served wine at the show. And, the wine was $3 a glass. And, there were two 15 minute intermissions. And...well...honestly I'm pretty sure the wine was there for only one reason. There might as well have been a sign on the table that said, "Hey! Congrats for surviving for the previous Act. Have a glass of cheap shitty wine to help you forget about the fact you are stuck here for another few hours." 


Sorry. I'm being a bitch. Don't judge me. You weren't there.

I'm all about acting. Hell, I'm an actress myself. I have an incredible amount of respect for the people who put themselves out there and get up in front of people. Honestly. I wish I could do it. But tonight, I don't know what was harder, not laughing at the ridiculous facial expressions of the level of overacting I cannot do justice to, or staying awake.

This is the wine talking. I swear. Sorry to cut this rant short, but Brad is calling me and I'd rather spend the next ten minutes playing a sappy game of I wish we were roommates so that we could be cuddling right now (followed by me convincing myself that it is a good idea to tell him that I can't stop thinking about how fucking hot he looks naked,) than I would waste another minute thinking about the mess of a play I just witnessed. Ahhh wine, I swear. It's the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment