Oct 13, 2010

Acting in the Shower

Andy: I just really want to move to LA to be an actor. I'm so passionate about it.

Me: That's cool. Do you have a lot of acting experience?

Andy: I was in this really cool show in college.

Me: What show?

Andy: Just a little show.

Me: That's cool, what show was it?

Andy: I don't remember the name of it actually. It was like this thing that everyone had to do. It was a mandatory thing for all students.

Me: Ooooh. Did people come watch it?

Andy: Well, like the other people in the class.

Me: Mmhmm. So, are you good at acting??

Andy: Yeah, I mean if I can get over my stage fright of doing it in front of people. I'm really good when it's just me. Like when I'm in the shower and stuff.

Me: You're definitely ready for LA.

Going to see Andy in a play tonight. We had this conversation a few weeks ago, right before I told him maybe he should try it out in front of an actual audience before making the move to Cali. It's going to be hard to take him seriously while picturing him doing a dramatic shower rehearsal. I hope I don't start laughing mid-show.

No comments:

Post a Comment