Oct 11, 2010

Boating and caprese sandwiches.

Had a great weekend with Brad. I don't want to like him because I don't want a relationship but he's fucking good at what he does. He pays for everything and does all of the little things without ever making a single decision for me or treating me as if I can't do things on my own. I had to work at the gym on Saturday, but then went on his boat for a few hours afterwards. It was fucking awesome. I love boats. It couldn't have been a nicer day. And he let me drive. 

All day at work I was craving a caprese sandwich. I didn't tell him this, but I wanted one so bad. When I got to his house he had made us lunch to take on the boat. I opened the bag and there were four caprese sandwiches. This kid rocks. Best lunch ever. 

After boating, we made the mistake of laying down on the couch, which meant that we left late for the game because we couldn't stop making out. Nothing else, just kissing. Again, he rocks. We got stuck in traffic on the way to the game and only made it to the last ten minutes. It was still fun somehow. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get ingredients to make more sandwiches like he made for lunch. We were both starving so we got a bag of kettle corn and a bag of cookies for the car ride home, and ended up filling up on the snacks and never made the sandwiches when we got home. I hate that I feel bad for eating shit, but I do. That's the only shitty part about the weekend. I've gained about 15 pounds in the last 6 months. This makes me depressed. Then I get depressed about caring about any of this. Annoying, I'll write about this later. 

We tried to watch a movie when we got back. I couldn't keep my eyes open as we laid on the couch. We made it through about 15 minutes of the movie, then we started making out. Next thing I knew, it was 4 in the morning. I am skipping over an insane amount of good details here. No, we didn't have sex. But it was still a great night. Later, later I'll write more. I promise. The details are too good. Later. 

We slept in. He made a super breakfast. Then we went out on the boat all day. Seriously, this kid rocks. He tells me he likes me all the time. Like when I haven't showered in two days and am wearing no makeup and my hair is blowing around in the wind and I am smiling like a little 6 year old girl, he'll lean over and kiss me and shake his head and just say I like you. And it makes me smile. He made me wear his good sunglasses because I forgot mine. He gives me the bigger half of things when we split them. He says, I'm the coolest girl he's met because I'm not afraid to drive the boat. I say, I'm not going to let him drive anymore. He says, I like you. 

He hasn't had many serious relationships. In fact, he dated one girl in high school for like a year, and that was the most serious relationship he's had. I don't know what to think about this, but it's strangely refreshing at the same time kind of unbelievable because he's good looking and smart and really down to earth. He says that he just doesn't waste time with girls that he knows he won't ever have a future with. He has a great group of friends and is one of the most loyal friends I have met. He'll do anything for them. I've seen this happen. He told me his friends will tell me that he just has impossibly high standards with women. He told me that he's not going to get sick of me. He told me that I'm going to be the one that is going to have to end it, whenever the time comes. This makes me a little uncomfortable, but doesn't freak me out the way it has with other people. He's got his shit together. I like people that have their shit together. Trying to help other people get their shit together is exhausting. I have enough of my own shit to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment